#62 How To Write A Math Book (Part 2) with Allison Dillard and Jennifer FlennerJan 04, 2022
Listen & Subscribe
Remember - A published book is better than no book.
Part 2 is here! In this episode, Jennifer Flenner, the co-author of my new book Crush Hypothesis Testing, is interviewing me on how you, as a teacher, can spread your love of math by writing books that will inspire kids, parents, and teachers beyond your classroom and school.
Allison and Jennifer discuss:
- Recap [2.57]
- Proofing the book [3.20]
- Publishing the book [4.57]
- Motivation to write the book [7.58]
- Pitfalls to avoid [11.14]
- Equations and diagrams for your books [13.29]
- Being able to connect with a community of educators by writing books is incredible. - Allison Dillard
- The biggest mistake for brand new writers is going to be not outlining or accidentally skipping that step or changing the outline as you go or getting lost with it, not using your outline perhaps. - Allison Dillard
- A published book is better than no book. - Allison Dillard
Check out Jennifer's episode: Tips for Teaching Introductory Statistics
Check out Allison's Books:
- Raise your Math Grade: Get this FREE short book, which is a toughen-up math manifesto mixed with you-can-do-it enthusiasm. It is an open educational resource, meaning you can share it freely with friends, students, and colleagues.
- Crush Math Now: Order this best-selling Amazon book! It is a study guide packed with all the advice Allison has given students over the years on math mindset, study skills, and test-taking strategies.
- Love Math Journal: Get this growth mindset journal to help 4th-8th grade students to succeed in and love math. This journal is co-authored by Allison and Nicole Thomson, who had been on Episode# 44 Using Gratitude to Help Students Overcome Math Anxiety.
- Crush Hypothesis Testing: The five-step method to make hypothesis testing easier and understandable. I wrote this book with Math Professor Jennifer Flenner and you can read the first two chapters of Crush Hypothesis Testing for free at www.allisonlovesmath.com/free.
Connect with Allison
- Website: https://www.allisonlovesmath.com/
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Allison-Dillard/e/B07PV43V59
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllisonLovesMath
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allisonlovesmath
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AllisonLuvsMath