#28 Using Music to Alleviate Math and Test Anxiety with Margaret DahlbergJan 24, 2021
Listen & Subscribe
Margaret Dahlberg isn't the typical guest you'll find on a math podcast! She is a classically trained pianist, composer, and music educator... and Allison is talking with her today about music, emotions, and math anxiety.
In this episode, Allison and Margaret discuss:
- Margaret's story of picking herself up from a life-altering car accident
- Parenting conversations to help kids overcome failure and anxiety
- Allison's month-long experiment in her math class to help students overcome math anxiety
- How different types of meditation and music can help students with math anxiety
- How Margaret creates music to help express and relieve some tough emotions
We also have our first mini-concert on the podcast!
You can find out more about Margaret on her website guidedharmonies.com