#65 Things to Consider Before You Quit Teaching with Janice SchollFeb 15, 2022
Are you thinking about taking a career break?
If teaching through the pandemic has you thinking about switching careers, there is much to consider before making the jump. In today's episode, Allison interviews career coach and host of the Money, Career and Motherhood Podcast, about how to plan for a career that strikes a balance between your personal, professional, and family life.
These are some highlights from the episode:
- What unquantifiable factors to consider before taking a career break [2:10]
- How to find a balance in your life on your professional, personal, and family front [5.17]
- Thinking about what you value before taking a career break [10.01]
- Accepting there will be burnouts and learning curves in any career [11.13]
- Investing in yourself when you are not working [18.23]
- Squeezing opportunities from challenging times [24.19]
- We can help women by talking about career breaks, their decisions, and being honest about the challenge of should I, or should I not? And what really happens when I do?
- It is so important to recognize what work gives you other than just who I am.
- Use your career break to see what success looks like in these 3 buckets - personal, professional
- Raise your Math Grade: Get this FREE short book, which is a toughen-up math manifesto mixed with you-can-do-it enthusiasm. It is an open educational resource, meaning you can share it freely with friends, students, and colleagues.
Crush Hypothesis Testing: In Introductory Statistics, hypothesis testing is one of the most difficult topics and every teacher, textbook, YouTube video explains in a slightly different way. If it's making you frustrated, you're not alone. Learn the 5-Step Method that Makes Hypothesis Testing Easier and Understandable
- Crush Math Now: Order this best-selling Amazon book! It is a study guide packed with all the advice Allison has given students over the years on math mindset, study skills, and test-taking strategies.
- Love Math Journal: Get this growth mindset journal to help 4th-8th grade students to succeed in and love math. This journal is co-authored by Allison and Nicole Thomson, who had been on Episode# 44 Using Gratitude to Help Students Overcome Math Anxiety.
Connect with Allison
- Website: https://www.allisonlovesmath.com/
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Allison-Dillard/e/B07PV43V59
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllisonLovesMath
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allisonlovesmath
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AllisonLuvsMath