#9 Strategies to Teach Community College Math with Felicia DarlingNov 15, 2020
Listen & Subscribe
Felicia Darling is a trailblazer in math education. The author of Teachin It! and the upcoming book The Ripple Effect, Felicia holds a Ph.D. in Math Education from Stanford and is the first person in her family to go to college.
With the pandemic still hanging over us, educators are faced with new challenges of engaging and retaining students online. Felicia shares with us:
- Ways to check that no students are left behind because they do not understand
- How to translate what works well in a class environment into an online platform
- How to increase teacher-student interaction online
- How to ensure first-generation learners and students from differing socio-economic backgrounds feel included in the college classroom
Felicia Darling is the author of two books:
- Teachin’ It! Breakout Moves that Breakdown Barriers for Community College Students
- The Ripple Effect (Coming in 2021)
Visit her website https://feliciadarling.com/
You can watch the original live recording of this podcast episode on the Allison Loves Math Facebook page.